Thursday, February 6, 2014

LCD TV Backlights Overheating transformer on Samsung LN40B550K1F

LCD TV Backlights Overheating transformer on Samsung LN40B550K1F  

http://www.armanfix.com/

I remember being told that the Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps on LCD TV's will draw more current as they begin to age due to a build up of carbon, After replacing a burnt out inverter transformer with a new one, I used my temperature probe on each of the 4 output transformers to see if my replacement transformer was operating at a higher temperature than the others, and i noticed it was. My first thought was there might have been an issue with the replacement transformer, so I tried swapping locations with one of the other transformers, but it still ran hot. My youtube friend Norcal715 suggested there might be an issue with AC ripple distorting the drive pulse going to the transformer due a bad electrolytic capacitor, but. when I examined the transformer inputs I noticed they all shared the same source, so this ruled out there being a bad capacitor on the input side, I also checked my ceramic capacitors on the outside and they all checked okay, and this led me to the conclusion that my Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps were starting to draw more current than they should due to a carbon build up from natural aging.The TV I repaired is a Samsung Model LN40B550K1F. The inverter board number is a BN44-00264B. The transformer part number is QGAH02095.

No comments:

Post a Comment