Wednesday, February 12, 2014

LCD TV Repair made easy # 10

n this video I showed an actual repair I did on one of my customers TVs. At the bottom of this info section I list all the part I used to repair this TV
Listed below are some good resources for anyone interested in learning more about electronics repair.
How to troubleshoot and repair Switch Mode Power supplies by Jestine Yong at http://davestv.jestinemichellepow.cli... This book is a bit spendy but nevertheless it's the best book I have ever read on switch mode power supplies. Because Jestine works as a repair technician he is good at getting right to the main points we need to understand about this kind of power supply rather than just being good at general theory.

Since a majority of the problems I have seen on LCD TVs are related to bad power supplies this is one book I highly recommend. Most of the book was easy reading with plenty of pictures and diagrams.
========================================
Testing electronic components and finding unknown resistor values by Jestine Yong. http://5d8388ioop4nfm862d1b0u7sbj.hop...
This is an excellent book for A beginner level student who wants to learn how to test electronic components like a professional. Jestine really took the time to make this book easy to understand.
========================================
How to repair LCD Computer Monitors by Jestine Yong at
http://davestv.jestinewilliamlcd.clic...
Even though this book was about computer monitor repair I found most of the troubleshooting techniques he demonstrates also applied to LCD TV repair so I was glad to have read it. Much like the book on Switch Mode Power Supplies it was easy to read and has lots of pictures and good troubleshooting techniques.
========================================
Mikes TV case histories The latest paperback edition has hundreds of case histories on LCD, CRT, Plasma and Projection TVs. at http://www.mikestvtips.com/ 1-410-272-4984
When I first started in the TV repair business and my troubleshooting skills were not that great often times Mike's case histories told me exactly which parts I needed to replace and it often saved me from having to purchase a great many schematics. I have been using his case histories since 1995 and I would not be with out them. If you call him please be considerate of his time zone and call between 11:00 AM TO 8:PM Eastern time only.
========================================
Getting Started In Electronics by Forest Mims available at some Radio Shacks or through this link.
http://www.Forrestmims.com
If you know nothing at all about electronics and want to start with the basics this is a fantastic book to start with. This book is packed with pictures.
========================================
The television you see me repairing in this video is a Polaroid TDA03211C I have also seen an almost identical power supply in a brand called Element. The parts I replaced in this TV were Two N channel Mosfets. location was Q17 AND Q18 Both part numbers were FQPF9N50CF. The location of the electrolytic capacitors is EC17 AND EC18 both were 10 MF at 450 volts. Note. on some models they use Mylar capacitors which may not be bad. Their location is C72 & C73. The blown fuse was located next to the largest capacitor on the power supply board was location F2. It's a 3.16 amp fuse. It may be tricky to spot because its a glass fuse covered in green plastic which makes it look like a resistor. Fuse F1 was okay in this case. This power supply often has a bad Diode which can contribute to problems. Its location is D10 someone suggested ECG 576 might be a good replacement for this diode but I have not verified their suggestion.
A word of caution. Many people who have this same power supply have mistakenly assumed the large 150 mf 450 volt capacitor is bad just because the plastic on it top is bulge from heat and air pressure.

Need Appliance Repair In New York ?! visit My website

No comments:

Post a Comment