Thursday, February 13, 2014

RCA 50LB45RQ Service menu adjustment for main board replacement for a solarized picture.

 This repair tip if for an RCA model 50LB45RQ. This TV came in my shop dead. Only front panel red LED was on. All power supply voltages were present except the PS on voltage from main board did not change when I pressed the power button. This indicated a possible main board issue. After replacing the main board the TV came on but the picture was grainy and solarized. To correct this problem I had to enter the factory service menu by pressing the menu button on the remote followed by the numbers 1147 while the TV was on. After the service menu came up I scrolled down to the LVDS map and changed this setting to the option which said 8 bit A and my picture returned to normal.


Main board numbers I found for this TV were T.RSC8.1E11481 and 1A2E1039 The expanded number was 1A2E1039-000002148

No comments:

Post a Comment