Tuesday, February 11, 2014

LCD TV Repair made easy # 9

In this video I demonstrate the value of a watt meter and how you can use a variac to help you test voltage regulators. I also talk about the serious potential of damaging sensitive electronic components from an electrostatic discharge. This is something every repairman should be cautious to about. 

If your a professional looking for more understanding on how to repair LCD TVs or an electronics hobbyist here are some great resources.========================================How to troubleshoot and repair Switch Mode Power supplies by Jestine Yong at http://davestv.jestinemichellepow.cli... This book is a bit spendy but I'm still glad I purchased it. In my opinion it's a must read. Jestine is good at getting right to the main points you need to understand about troubleshooting this kind of power supply and its associated feedback circuits.Since a majority of the problems I have seen on LCD TVs are related to bad power supplies I figured it will pay for itself many times over. Most of the book was easy reading with plenty of pictures and diagrams.========================================Testing electronic components and finding unknown resistor values by Jestine Yong. http://5d8388ioop4nfm862d1b0u7sbj.hop...This is an excellent book for A beginner level student who wants to learn how to test electronic components like a professional. Jestine really took the time to make this book easy to understand.========================================How to repair LCD Computer Monitors by Jestine Yong athttp://davestv.jestinewilliamlcd.clic...Even though this book was about computer monitor repair I found most of the troubleshooting techniques he demonstrates also applied to LCD TV repair so I was glad to have read it. Much like the book on Switch Mode Power Supplies it was easy to read and has lots of picturesand good troubleshooting techniques.========================================Mikes TV case histories The latest paperback edition has hundreds of case histories on LCD, CRT, Plasma and Projection TVs. at http://www.mikestvtips.com/ 1-410-272-4984When I first started in the TV repair business and my troubleshooting skills were not that great often times Mike's case histories told me exactly which parts I needed to replace and it often saved me from having to purchase a great many schematics. I have been using his case histories since 1995 and I would not be with out them. If you call him please be considerate of his time zone and call between 11:00 AM TO 8:PM Eastern time only.========================================­Getting Started In Electronics by Forest Mims available at some Radio Shacks or through this link.http://www.Forrestmims.comIf you know nothing at all about electronics and want to start with the basics this is a fantastic book to start with. This book is packed with pictures.

Need Appliance Repair In New York ?! visit My website

No comments:

Post a Comment