Thursday, February 13, 2014

Understanding AC AND DC

Trying to understand alternating and direct current out of a text book was near impossible for me but once I started experimenting with a hands on approach it all started to make sense. Hopefully you will find my video helpful.


========================================
If your a professional looking for more understanding on how repair LCD TVs or an electronics hobbyist here are some great resources.
Troubleshooting & Repairing LCD TVs by John Preher at
http://davestv.jptv97501lcd.click2sel...
For someone new to electronics the first few pages of this book may be a bit challenging but the majority of this book is easy reading with lots of pictures,diagrams and useful troubleshooting techniques. Johns book gives you a good idea about the main test points you should look for and their approximate voltages.
========================================
How to troubleshoot and repair Switch Mode Power supplies by Jestine Yong at http://davestv.jestinemichellepow.cli... This book is a bit spendy but I'm still glad I purchased it. In my opinion it's a must read. Jestine is good at getting right to the main points you need to understand about troubleshooting this kind of power supply and its associated feedback circuits.
Since a majority of the problems I have seen on LCD TVs are related to bad power supplies I figured it will pay for itself many times over. Most of the book was easy reading with plenty of pictures and diagrams.
========================================
Testing electronic components and finding unknown resistor values by Jestine Yong. http://5d8388ioop4nfm862d1b0u7sbj.hop...
I have not yet read Jestines book on Testing electronic components but I was told it's a good one for a person just starting out in electronic troubleshooting.
========================================
How to repair LCD Computer Monitors by Jestine Yong at
http://davestv.jestinewilliamlcd.clic...
Even though this book was about computer monitor repair I found most of the troubleshooting techniques he demonstrates also applied to LCD TV repair so I was glad to have read it. Much like the book on Switch Mode Power Supplies it was easy to read and similar to Johns Prehers book on LCD repair but in Jestines own style. It had lots of pictures and good troubleshooting techniques.
========================================
Mikes TV case histories The latest paperback edition has 1300 case histories on LCD, CRT, Plasma and Projection TVs. at http://www.mikestvtips.com/ 1-410-272-4984
When I first started in the TV repair business and my troubleshooting skills were not that great often times Mike's case histories told me exactly which parts I needed to replace and it often saved me from having to purchase a great many schematics. I have been using his case histories since 1995 and I would not be with out them. If you call him please be considerate of his time zone and call between 11:00 AM TO 8:PM Eastern time only.
========================================
John Prehers LCD TV case histories at
http://davestv.jptv97501lcd1.click2se...
This ebook has 56 case histories on nothing but LCD TVs
and which parts he replaced to get them going. I found this ebook was helpful in better understanding the connection between certain symptoms and their causes. Right now it's only 10 dollars.
========================================
Getting Started In Electronics by Forest Mims available at some Radio Shacks or through this link.
http://www.Forrestmims.com
If you know nothing at all about electronics and want to start with the basics this is a fantastic book to start with. This book is packed with pictures.

Need Appliance Repair visit My website and book appointment online:

No comments:

Post a Comment